Saturday, April 14, 2012

Right From The Heart - The Creator and His Creatures


For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus:
"You are my Son. Today I have become your Father."
God also said, "I will be his Father, and
he will be my Son."
Hebrews 1:5

The Creator and His Creatures


One day a bird, caught in our chimney, flew into our house. We tried desperately to get it out the door, but it didn't get the message. After a while, totally frustrated, I had the ridiculous thought, "If I could become a bird for a few second and talk it's language, I could show it how to be free." Then I remembered that God did just that.

The Creator of the universe became one of His own creatures - a man - in order to communicate perfectly with mankind. Jesus took on a human body and personally, with all its limitations, so you and I could understand how to be free to love and have a relationship with God.

This is really what Christmas is all about. God chose to reveal Himself to us in the form of a baby, Jesus Christ. When we get to know the God who loves us so much that He would humble Himself to become a man, then Christmas always has a sense of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment