Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life Application - Purpose like Jesus


Out of His Heart Will Flow Rivers of Living Water



On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
John 6:35-36

However, those the Father has given me will come to me, 
and I will never reject them.
For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, 
not to do my own will.
John 6:37-38


And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.
John 6:39




Jesus did not work independently of God the Father, but in union with him. This should give us even more assurance of being welcomed into God's presence and and being protected by Him. Jesus' purpose was to do the will of God, not to satisfy Jesus' human desires. When we follow Jesus, we should have the same purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment